The Hangzhou manufacturing base of the world's largest health care company, Johnson & Johnson Vision, in Hangzhou Economic and Development Area, Xiasha district, Zhejiang province [Photo/Qianjiang Evening News]
Administrative examination and approval
1. Establishing foreign-capital enterprises shall apply to the authoritative departments for registration. Those who meet the requirements of the law shall be entitled to register as limited liability companies or joint stock companies.
2. Foreign investors shall apply for registration to the business administration body within 30 days of receiving the instruments of ratification, and get a business license. The date of issuance of the business license of the foreign enterprise is the date of establishment.
3. The joint venture agreement, contract and articles of association signed by the parties to the joint venture shall be submitted to the department of State Administration of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade (hereinafter referred to as the examination and approval authority) for examination and approval. The review and approval authority shall decide whether to approve or not to approve within three months. After approval, the joint venture company shall register with the State Administration for Industry and Commerce, obtain a business license and start business.
4. Upon approval, the joint venture shall apply to the industrial and commercial administration authority for registration within 30 days from the date of receipt of the approval certificate. The date of issuance of the business license of the joint venture is the date of establishment.
Hangzhou Municipal Administration for Market Regulation
Address: No 18 Jiefang East road, Jianggan district, Hangzhou
Applicable laws and administrative authorization
Corporation Law; Law of the People's Republic of China on Foreign Capital Enterprises; Law of the People's Republic of China on Chinese-Foreign Contractual Joint Ventures; Law of the People's Republic of China on Chinese-Foreign Equity Joint Ventures; Administrative Permission Law
Relevant registration documents
1. Application form for establishing foreign-invested enterprises
2. Letter of authorization from designated representatives or joint entrusted agent
3. Approval documents of the examination and approval bodies
4. Articles of association signed by the legal representative
5. Notice for pre-approval name of the enterprise from Administration of Industry and Commerce
6. Identification of the foreign investor, the qualification certificate and identification shall be notarized by the national notary institution and authorized by the host country's embassy.
7. Appointment book and copy of identification documents of corporate chairman, board members and managers
8. Appointment book and copy of identification documents of the corporate legal representatives
9. Proof of legal use of the residence (business premises)
10. Joint stock company established by fundraising shall provide a meeting record of establishment conference
11. Pre-approval documents or certificates
Time limit from acceptance