Shanxi's holiday tourism consumption keeps upward momentum

Updated: May 10, 2024 Print
Share - WeChat

During the May Day holiday from May 1 to 5, North China's Shanxi province received the largest daily average number of tourists so far this year, and saw a boom in its food, accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, shopping, and entertainment sectors. 

This is according to a tourism market report published by the province. The report also indicates that thanks to the excellent activities organized at several A-level scenic spots, multiple cities in Shanxi became popular destinations during the holiday. 

The province has continuously enriched its culture and tourism product offerings as well as enhanced its service levels, effectively meeting the diverse needs of tourists. As a result, the passenger flow in various regions increased compared to the same period last year. 

As an important tourist destination, Taiyuan city, for example, had become one of the top travel destinations for the tourists from both inside and outside the province, thanks to its key scenic spots and concert activities.

In terms of tourist sources, local tourists remained the main players in Shanxi's holiday tourism market, accounting for 65.70 percent of the total, while out-of-province tourists made up the other 34.30 percent. Of these tourists, the majority were middle-aged and young adults, accounting for 64.25 percent of the total.


Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安 京公网安备 11010502032503号