News and Policies

Alshaa League witnesses tourism surge during holiday period

Updated: Apr 8, 2024 Print
Share - WeChat


The enthralling sand dunes and lakes of the Badain Jaran Desert in Alshaa present a rich and variegated color palette. [Photo/Alshaa Daily]

During the Qingming Festival holiday, Alshaa League in Inner Mongolia experienced a significant surge in tourism. Over the three-day holiday, the league welcomed a total of 274,900 domestic tourists, marking a 3.44-fold increase compared to 2019. Total spending by domestic tourists reached 183 million yuan ($25.3 million), a 2.69-fold increase from 2019.

The second day of the holiday saw a tourism peak, with 94,500 tourists received and a consumption total of 62.92 million yuan. Day-trip visitors accounted for 74.1 percent of the total visitors, while overnight tourists comprised the other 25.9 percent.

During this period, tourists mainly engaged in activities such as cleaning tombs, enjoying spring outings, and leisure vacations, with short-distance excursions, and local tourism being popular entertainment choices. Self-driving, cycling, and hiking activities emerged as favored modes of travel.

Analysis of big data from travel operators revealed that the primary sources of tourists within Alshaa League during the period came from Bayannuur, Wuhai, Hohhot, and Baotou cities. Neighboring regions like Ningxia Hui autonomous region, Gansu, Hebei and Shaanxi provinces were popular destinations for Alshaa residents.

Alshaa League opened 24 A-level tourist attractions, many of which offered discounts on tickets, dining, and accommodation to meet the short-distance travel needs of tourists, thus invigorating the cultural and tourism consumption market.

The league's four key scenic spots (Dingyuanying Ancient City Tourism Area, Tonghu Grassland Tourism Area, Badain Jaran Desert Tourism Area, and Cekou Port) received a total of 18,000 visitors during this holiday period, generating tourism revenue of 6.6 million yuan.

Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安 京公网安备 11010502032503号