Four Crossings of the Chishui River Memorial (Chinese Female Red Army Soldiers Memorial)
Address: 121 Zizhou Road, Tucheng town, Xishui county, Guizhou province
Hours: 9 am - 5 pm (No entry after 4 pm)
General admission: Free
The Four Crossings of the Chishui River Memorial was opened to the public in July 2007, covering an area of more than 7,700 square meters in the style of traditional dwellings of the northen Guizhou area. With nine exhibiton zones, it employs multiple means and resources to represent the grand success of the Red Army in crossing the Chishui River four times and escaping the encirclement of more than 400,000 Kuomintang troops from January to May 1935 under the command of Mao Zedong (1893-1976) and other leaders. It was one of the most brilliant military moves by the Red Army during the Long March, and a great example of the disadvantaged gaining the upper hand.
The Chinese Female Red Army Soldiers Memorial is located in the garden of Tucheng town. A western style building completed during the early 20th century, it covers an area of more than 200 square meters and was used as the headquarters of the Third Army Group of the Red Army in Jan 1935. Opened to the public on Sept 2009, the memorial highlights the life stories of 45 ourstanding members of the Chinese female red army soliders with photos, texts and relics. It is also the only themed memorial focusing on female red army soldiers in China so far.