A series of eight measures was launched June 5 by Sichuan Provincial Public Security Department to bring more convenience for the public and provide easier access to travel permits for both Chinese citizens and foreigners.
1. Urgent certification services are available for people from companies participating in the construction of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) to save more costs and time for companies.
2. Convenience in visa issuance will be offered to foreigners who are invited to China to take part in major events, meetings or construction projects involved in the BRI.
They can apply for port visas with materials offered by relevant authorities in China if they don’t have enough time to get their visa. Residence certificates for these foreigners along with their spouses and underage children can be issued in five workdays instead of the previous 15 workdays.
3. Currently foreigners can only apply for port visas in areas such as Chengdu, Deyang, Mianyang and free trade zones in Sichuan. With the release of these new measures, foreigners can apply for port visas in the whole province and get their visa when entering Sichuan via Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
4. The time limit for checking and replying to Chinese citizens who have lost their certificates abroad will be reduced from 24 hours to five hours.
5. The time limit for Chinese mainland residents applying for travel permits to Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan for a second time at application windows will be three workdays instead of the previous seven workdays. Those using self-service machines can get their permits instantly.
6. To boost economic communication among Sichuan, Hong Kong and Macao, companies applying for business registration and filing in Hong Kong and Macao can get approval and verification in 15 workdays instead of the previous 30 workdays.
7. Self-service machines for endorsements will be upgraded to support internet payments such as Alipay and Wechat Pay.
8. Two self-service machines will be set up in the departure hall of Terminal 1 at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport to offer 24-hour service for people traveling to Hong Kong and Macao.
*This English version is only for reference. To learn more, please refer to the authoritative Chinese version on sc.gov.cn.