The Second People’s Hospital of Huai’an, also known as the Affiliated Huai’an Hospital of Xuzhou Medical University, was established in 1892.
After over 100 years of development, the hospital has grown into a national 3A-grade comprehensive hospital offering medical treatment, training and scientific research.
The hospital covers 30,300 square meters and has a structure area of 89,700 sq m. Currently the hospital has 1,400 beds. The annual patient numbers of the outpatient and emergency departments has reached 850,000, and the annual number of patients discharged amounted to 50,000. About 20,000 surgerical operations are conducted in the hospital every year.
It employs 1,578 staff members and 237 of those hold senior titles. It has also set up two academician workstations and one postdoctoral workstation.
The hospital has established a batch of important discipline, covering eight provincial key clinical specialties, including hematology, endocrinology, general surgery, rehabilitation, neurology and kidney internal medicine, and nine municipal key clinical specialties including cardiology, orthopedics, medical oncology, geriatrics, and gynecology and obstetrics.
The hospital has carried out frequent communications and cooperation with prestigious hospitals in areas including Taiwan, Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. A total of 46 medical service institutions have joined the medical group led by the hospital, providing medical services for many areas.
Address: 62 Huaihai South Rd, Huai’an, Jiangsu province
Tel: +86-517-80871636 (outpatient service center)
+86-517-80871724 (general duty office)
Public transport: Bus Nos 1, 12, 16, 22