Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital.[Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital was founded in 1890. Its predecessor was a hospital established by the American Presbyterian Church. After more than 120 years, it has developed into the largest comprehensive medical and health care center in Yantai city, a Grade III A-level general hospital, the regional medical center of Shandong province and an affiliated hospital of Qingdao University.
The hospital covers an area of 93,000 square meters. It has total fixed assets of 2.14 billion yuan ($341 million), with 1.1 billion yuan of medical equipment assets.
It has many sophisticated medical instruments and capabilities including a TOMO knife, a PET-CT, a256-speed CT, 3.0T magnetic resonance, a full body X-knife and a linear accelerator.
The hospital has 50 clinical departments and 18 medical technology departments. Among them, traditional Chinese medicine geriatrics is the key discipline construction unit of the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Nine specialties such as gastroenterology, urology, obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics are provincial key medicine and health specialties, and 24 specialties including cardiovascular medicine, hematology, neurosurgery, otolaryngology and clinical nursing are provincial key clinical specialties.
The hospital actively carries out international and domestic exchanges. It has established cooperative relations with many medical colleges and research institutes at home and abroad, such as the MD Anderson Cancer Center in the United States, Cardiff University in the United Kingdom and Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia. Its joint scientific research and personnel exchanges have promoted significant improvements in hospital operations, management and service.
Address: No.20 Yuhuangding East Road, Zhifu district, Yantai city, Shandong province