The General Administration of Customs introduced 10 measures to stabilize the operations of foreign trade companies while reinforcing COVID-19 prevention work in import channels at various ports. Let's take a look.
1. Ensuring smooth circulation of industrial and supply chains in key regions, such as ports and roads in Shanghai and neighboring regions.
2. Speeding up customs clearance of goods that are urgently needed for enterprises to optimize working processes and enhance efficiency.
3. Improving the efficiency of inbound and outbound logistics. Enterprises are encouraged to carry out railway "fast customs clearance" to enhance facilitation of railway logistics.
4. Ensuring smooth routes for inbound and outbound mail. Based on applications from postal companies, temporary routes will be opened to transport mail that was on hold due to the outbreak.
5. Improving the fast track for COVID-19 vaccines and test kits. Under the premise of controllable risk, supporting measures for vaccine and test kit entry and exit should be optimized.
6. Actively putting tax and fee reduction measures in place. Ensuring Chinese companies will enjoy preferential duties when exporting products to RCEP member countries.
7. Ensuring effective supply of agricultural and food import and export. Speeding up registration of import and export food manufacturers.
8. Supporting small- and micro-enterprises in the market purchase trade.
9. Promoting paperless customs clearance for imported duty quotas.
10. Strengthening statistical monitoring analysis and data services.