The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical University [Photo/gy120.net]
Founded in 1950, the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical University is now a large comprehensive grade-3A hospital integrating medical, teaching, scientific research and preventive healthcare.
The hospital, which has a building area of nearly 100,000 square meters, has integrated management of the hospital and clinical medical school. It has more than 1,260 employees, including 192 senior professionals, 49 professors (chief physicians), and 143 associate professors (deputy chief physicians). There are 820 open beds and nearly 20,000 patients discharged from the hospital per year.
The hospital has 39 disciplines and specialties, including one national key discipline (integrated Chinese and Western medicine) and two national key laboratories, four ministerial key specialties (cardiology, hepatobiliary surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology), two provincial key specialties and disciplines (stomatology, clinical pharmacy), one provincial key laboratory, one practice teaching demonstration center and eight other key specialties.
In the past five years, the hospital has won seven national natural science funds and 82 provincial and municipal projects, with total funding of 5 million yuan ($740,300). It also has 13 invention patents.
Add: 19 Nonglinxia Rd, Guangzhou, Guangdong province