The Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University was founded by the American Christian Presbyterian Church on Dec 12, 1899. After being transferred to Guangzhou Medical University in 2006, it was given its current name. It is a large 3A-grade general hospital for medical, teaching and scientific research.
At present, the hospital has 1,000 beds, 50 clinical departments and 14 medical technology departments. There are more than 2,000 employees in the hospital and more than 300 senior titles. The annual number of emergency patients is about 2 million, and the annual number of discharged patients is more than 46,000.
The hospital has 20 teaching and research sections, which cater for undergraduates, master’s, doctors and international students. The hospital is a standardized training base for national resident doctors. It has 20 standardized training professional bases for internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics and general practice. It receives more than 100 training residents every year.
The obstetrics and gynecology department was one of the earliest clinical and medical bases for obstetrics and gynecology in China. Obstetrics is a national key clinical specialty. In 1998, the Guangzhou Severe Maternal Rescue Center was established in the hospital, being the earliest maternal treatment center with the most extensive network coverage and the strongest technology in South China. The reproductive medicine department is also one of the largest such centers in the province with a high success rate and a long history.
Add: 63 Duobao Rd, Liwan district, Guangzhou, Guangdong province