Address: No. 8, Santiao, Beixinqiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Postal code: 100007
Phone Tel: (8610) 84025890
Fax: (8610) 64060566
SMS: Send the text message "China Red Cross" to 12114 to get information about the Red Cross Society of China.
The Red Cross Society of China is a unified Red Cross organization of the People's Republic of China. It is a social assistance group engaged in humanitarian aid and a member of the International Red Cross Movement. The Chinese Red Cross Society aims to promote humanity, fraternity and dedication, protect people's lives and health, and promote the cause of peace and progress.
The Red Cross Society of China was established in 1904. Since the founding of the People's Republic of China, the Red Cross Society of China has been engaged in the rescue of refugees and wounded soldiers and alleviation of suffering of people affected by wars and natural calamities.The Red Cross Society of China has also participated in international humanitarian relief activities. According to the Law of the Red Cross Society of the People's Republic of China revised in 2018, the Chinese Red Cross Society has the following duties:
1. Carry out rescue and disaster relief, and establish a Red Cross emergency rescue system. Provide emergency and humanitarian assistance to the wounded and sick and others in emergencies such as wars, armed conflicts, natural disasters, accidents and disasters, and at public events.
2. Carry out emergency nursing training, develop public knowledge in emergency nursing, disaster prevention and health care, and organize volunteers to participate in on-site rescues.
3. Participate in and promote blood donation and body and human organ donation, and participate in the work related to hematopoietic stem cell donation.
4. Organize Red Cross volunteer service and Red Cross youth work.
5. Participate in international humanitarian relief work.
6. Promote the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and the Geneva Conventions and their Additional Protocols.
7. Complete the work entrusted by the People’s Government in accordance with the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
8. Work in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Geneva Conventions and their Additional Protocols.
9. Assist the People’s Government in carrying out other humanitarian services related to its duties.