In accordance with relevant laws and regulations, consumers can resolve disputes with merchants over their rights and interests in the following ways:
(1) Consumers can negotiate with the business operator for a proper settlement;
(2) Consumers can request a consumer association or other meditation organizations lawfully established to mediate;
(3) Consumers can file complaints to the industrial and commercial administrative department and other relevant government agencies for a legal solution;
(4) Consumers can apply to an arbitral body for arbitration in accordance with the arbitration agreement reached with the business operator;
(5) Consumers can resort to the People's Court for the resolution of the disputes in accordance with the judicial proceedings.
Specifically, the fifth way of proceeding can either be instituted when the above-mentioned four alternative dispute resolutions fail to resolve disputes or be directly instituted in People’s Court without adopting the four alternative dispute resolutions.
In accordance with the relevant PRC laws and regulations, foreigners in PRC may delegate Chinese lawyers to resolve disputes when having disputes with merchants over their rights and interests. In light of specific conditions, foreigners may delegate Chinese lawyers to negotiate a settlement with merchants, complain to a consumer association, complain to the industrial and commercial administrative department and other relevant government agencies, apply to an arbitral body for arbitration or institute legal proceedings in a People's Court.