The Tan Kah Kee Scholarships have been set up by Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Education Foundation as part of its efforts to promote the legacy of Tan Kah Kee, the patriotic overseas Chinese, and to foster Tan Kah Kee’s spirit in entrepreneurship and dedication to education. The Scholarships are open to outstanding international students of Chinese descent and students in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who are descendants of Jimei alumni to study at Xiamen. XMU is one of the institutions authorized to enroll students on the Tan Kah Kee Scholarships.
(1) International students of Chinese descent with valid foreign passports and in good health, particularly those from countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia, West Africa and Europe along the routes of the Maritime Silk Road.
(2) Applicants must adhere to the “One China” Principle, be friendly to their mother country, and abide by the laws, rules and regulations of the Chinese Government.
(3) Educational background and age limits:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
Applicants for master's degree studies must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
2. Application Procedure:
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted to the undergraduate, master's or doctoral programme of Xiamen University. (Application guidelines for admission can be found at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn: How to apply for undergraduate/ master's/doctoral programmes)
① Applicants must fill in the Application Form for Tan Kah Kee Scholarship and then sign the form.
②Applicants are required to make online application at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application. Please download and print the Application Form for International Students generated after successful online application.
③Submission of application documents:
Send by post to XMU Admissions Office by the indicated deadline the two forms and all required application documents.
3. Application Time: Feb to May 10.
4. Result Release Time: Around July.