govt.chinadaily.com.cn

News

Hebei continues public security campaign

Updated: Jul 14, 2022 chinadaily.com.cn Print
Share - WeChat

North China's Hebei province has so far arrested 558 suspects in an ongoing public security campaign this summer, according to the Department of Public Security of Hebei Province on Tuesday.

Hebei will continue to crack down on criminal activities that infringe people's sense of security, challenge the bottom line of social morality and damage the interest of vulnerable groups to provide a safe and secure environment for the public, local authorities said.

The province has cracked down on 307 crimes, arrested 558 suspects and 135 fugitives so far.

The provincial public security department said drastic action will be taken to solve major problems and secure the public order. More police will participate with cooperation from residents to nip disputes in the bud. Such issues include traffic accidents, fires, drowning, fraud and other criminal activities. The purpose is to safeguard social equity and justice, it said.

The Ministry of Public Security hosted a meeting launching the nationwide 100-day initiative on June 25, calling for strong measures to crack down on gangsters and protect women, children, the elderly, disabled, middle and primary school students.

 

Copyright©2022 China Daily. All rights reserved.

京ICP备13028878号-6

京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号