Q&A: All you need to know about visas and immigration in China

Updated: Dec 10, 2019 Print
Share - WeChat

Editor’s note: Branded as “Your online guide to government services in China”, we’ve received more than 5,000 messages since the Leave Your Message service was launched in September last year.

The three topics most frequently raised are about education, visas and employment in China. In this special feedback series, we are happy to answer your questions and provide more information on each of them. In the second article of the series, we pick up three typical questions about visas and immigration in China.

From: Angelbeachresort    Submission Date: 2019-09-25

Q: How can I apply for a permanent residence visa in China? Please help me, thanks.

A: Hi. Thank you for your message. To apply for a permanent residence visa in China, you need to complete an application form, prepare a valid passport, and submit them along with other supporting documents to the Chinese embassy or consulate which is in charge of your residence area. Please click on the following link for more details:

From: banguraalhaji51    Submission Date: 2019-11-11

Q: I want to apply for a student visa. Could you help me get more information on student visas?

A: Hi. Thank you for your message. Generally, short-term and long-term student visas are provided for overseas students. For more information about student visas in China, please go to:

From: prosanjitdas5555    Submission Date: 2019-11-14

Q: Please tell me, how to apply for a work visa in China?

A: Hi. Thank you for your message. Chinese work visas are issued to those who have obtained a work permit notice and intend to work in China. To apply for a work visa, you should study the requirements carefully and then apply for it step-by-step according to the instructions. Of course, you can click on the link

to give you a general view of getting the visa and that will help you get your China visa efficiently.

We’ve provided various bits of information about visas and immigration on our website, which covers student visas, work visas, transit visas, and permanent residence visas -- as well as some useful tips for overseas people. More information is coming. Just open the website, choose Visas and Immigration under Topics and find out what you need.

Also, you are welcome to Leave Your Message!


Copyright©2023 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号