Address: 780 East Beijing Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai
Huangpu Theater is adjacent to Nanjing Road Pedestrian Walkwayand was formerly known as Jincheng Grand Theater.
A large number of outstanding Chinese movies,such as Song of the Fishermen(Yuguang qu) and Children of Troubled Times (Fengyun ernü), premiered there, giving it the reputation of being "the palace of Chinese films." In 1957, Premier Zhou Enlai (1898-1976) proposed to change the name to "Huangpu Theater" and wrote an inscription for it.
Huangpu Theater is equipped with a medium theater on the second floor with 495 seats and a professional "black box" small theater - the auditorium is surrounded by four sides and the seating arrangement can be changed in 90 seconds as needed.
The theater can hold a maximum of 500 audience members and is suitable for multipurpose performances, attracting many well-known art groups and masterpieces from at home and abroad.