Symptoms of diabetes
Diabetes is a metabolic disease characterized by elevated blood glucose due to absolute or relative deficiency of insulin in the body. Its clinical manifestations are polydipsia, urorrhagia, polyphagia and decreased body weight as well as hyperglycemia and a positive urine sugar condition. Over time it causes pathological systemic nerve changes, microvascular and macrovascular deterioration as well as chronic lesions of the heart, brain, kidney, nerve and eyes. Diabetes is an endocrine metabolic disease that seriously endangers the health and life of patients.
How to detect diabetes early
1. When you eat more and drink more than you used to, but your physical strength is not good. You experience weight loss and are easily fatigued.
2. Preprandial hypoglycemia often occurs, so that you drink water excessively but are not thirsty; or, with polyuria, you often feel excessively hungry before meals.
3. You have a family history of diabetes. If you are obese or have hyperlipidemia, hypertension, pruritus, persistent sores, recurrent vaginal fungal infections, difficult to heal wounds, tinea corporis, periodontitis, or repeated attacks of gingivitis you should go to the hospital for a blood sugar examination.
What should diabetes patients pay attention to in their daily lives
1. Diet adjustment and proper exercise are the two basic ways to treat diabetes.
2. Make recipes according to your condition under the guidance of a doctor.
3. Staple foods should mainly be miscellaneous grains, such as bean, buckwheat and oat.
4. Moderate use of meat, poultry, eggs, milk and fresh vegetables, fruits and melons for non-staple foods is allowable.
5. Eat less animal viscera, fat, egg yolks, animal fat, etc., and reduce fat and cholesterol intake.
6. Discuss with your doctor whether you are fit for exercise and how you should exercise.
7. As long as the condition persists, you should have active and moderate aerobic exercise, such as walking, jogging and so on.
8. To prevent hypoglycemia at ordinary times , you should carry a diabetic card and some sugary food
Ideally your household should be equipped with small blood glucose detectors to monitor blood sugar at any time, and guide diet and medication.
Note：The guidance is for reference only. It is recommended to conduct specific treatment with professional help.