Permanent Residence

Modification and renewal

Updated: Dec 7, 2018 Print
Share - WeChat

If the validity of Permanent Residence Permit for Foreigners expires, or has been lost or damaged, or if there are any relevant changes in circumstances, the certificate holder should apply for modification or renewal of the certificate directly to the public security authority of municipal people's governments with subordinate districts or branch public security bureaus or county level bureaus of municipalities directly under the Central Government. If the public security authority considers that a certificate holder is still entitled to maintain permanent residence, it should change or renew the certificate within one month with no new application needed.

Foreigners holding Permanent Residence Permit for Foreigners should apply for renewal of certificates one month prior to the expiration of the validity of the certificates. Whereas the content of the certificates has been changed, the holders should apply for change or renewal within one month upon the changes. In case of damage or loss of the certificates, the holders should apply for renewal or change of certificates in a timely manner.

In case of expiry, data correction, application for updating the Permanent Residence Permit, the holder can apply for a new permit at a cost of 300 yuan; In case of loss or damage, the holder applies for a new one and the charge is 600 yuan.

Copyright©2024 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安备 11010502032503号 京公网安备 11010502032503号