Documents for registration for foreign journalists in Beijing

Updated: Dec 29, 2017 Print
Share - WeChat

Foreign journalists in Beijing should hold Visa "J-1" (journalist visa) to enter China, before applying for the residence permit within 30 days of entry. They must apply for the residence permit at the Division of Exit-Entry Administration of Beijing Public Security Bureau. The residence permit will be valid for no more than 1 year within the validity period of the passport.

They must also provide the following documents and evidential materials when processing residence permit's application:

1. Valid passport and visa;

2. Originals of "Press Card" issued by Department of News, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; workers of foreign press organizations must provide the official letter of Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs when applying for residence permit;

3. Original "Health Certification" submitted by Beijing Exit and Entry Inspection & Quarantine Bureau;

4. Two recent, 2 inch half-length, bareheaded, full-faced photo (both black-and-white and color are fine).

5. Adding the official seal of the unit when filling out the "Application Form for Visa Residence Permit", and stick a recent, 2 inch, bareheaded, full-faced photo.

For work not exceeding one year in Beijing, apply for temporary residence permit, and the "Health Certificate" is not required.

Copyright©2021 China Daily. All rights reserved.


京公网安京公网安备 11010502032503号