Issued to foreign crew members of means of international transportation, including aircraft, trains and ships, or motor vehicle drivers engaged in cross-border transport activities, or to the accompanying family members of the crew members of the above-mentioned ships.
1. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background attached (Photo Requirements for Chinese Visa Application)
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid visa or certificate of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
2. Supporting Documents
A letter of guarantee issued by a foreign transport company or an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity in China
3. Application Procedure, Processing Time and Fees
Please visit Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General's websites for more details based on your State of residence.
(1) Each item of the application form must be filled truthfully, clearly and completely. Any false information, missed items or illegible handwriting may lead to delay of the application processing or even refusal of the visa application.
(2) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers make decisions on the validity period, number of entries, and the duration of each stay of a visa.
(3) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers may interview certain applicants and collect their 10 fingerprints.
(4) Authoritative interpretation remains with the Embassy should there be any change to the information above.
The C Visa holder shall submit certification letter issued by the competent department of the people’s government at or above the county level or such transportation companies as civil aviation, railways, highways, and ports. The duration of stay can be extended for 30 days at most.