The total import and export value in Shanghai rose 1.3 percent year-on-year, reaching 299.3 billion yuan ($43.2 billion) in July, reporting positive growth for the second month in a row according to data released by the Shanghai Customs District on Wednesday.
The value of exports totaled 118.3 billion yuan in July, up 5.9 percent from a month earlier. The value of imported goods rose 4.4 percent to 181 billion yuan.
The total import and export value realized in Shanghai during the first seven months contracted slightly by 0.4 percent year-on-year, reaching 1.88 trillion yuan. The seven-month export value climbed 0.6 percent year-on-year to top over 760 billion yuan with total import value of 1.12 trillion yuan, a moderate drop of 1 percent from a year earlier.
The European Union remains the largest trade partner with Shanghai. The total import and export deals made between Shanghai and EU members came to 358.4 billion yuan during the first seven months, accounting for 19.1 percent of Shanghai's total import and export value during the period. The United States is the second-largest trade partner, with total value of import and export between Shanghai and US rising 4.8 percent year-on-year to 268.8 billion yuan.
The value of import and export of electrical and mechanical products accounted for 67.7 percent of the city's total import and export value, reaching 514.8 billion yuan.
The total value of imported high-end technology products increased 9.9 percent year-on-year to reach 370.4 billion yuan during the first seven months of the year. The value of exported cars jumped 18.5 percent year-on-year to 8.61 billion yuan, while that of exported medical materials and medicines surged 10.1 percent to 8.48 billion yuan.
Copyright©2020 China Daily. All rights reserved.