Eating takeout food safely
1. If possible, opt for contactless delivery to avoid person-to-person contact with the delivery person.
2. Always wear a face mask when getting the food in-person to protect yourself as well as the delivery person.
3. Remove the outer packaging of takeout food and throw it away.
4. Wash your hands before and after meals.
5. If you wish, you can reheat the food to kill any lurking bacteria as an extra precaution.
6. When eating takeout food at home, it is recommended to use your own utensils. Use of serving chopsticks and spoons and the serving of separate portions are encouraged.
7. When eating takeout food at workplaces, dine separately and avoid sitting face-to-face with others and unnecessary table talk. Don't remove the mask until you start eating.
8. Raw, cold, irritating foods and unsealed cold beverages are not recommended takeout options. Dishes with a balanced portion of vegetables and meat are encouraged.
Sources: World Health Organization, Guidelines on takeout food safety and nutrition during the COVID-19 outbreak
Copyright©2020 China Daily. All rights reserved.