Listed as a provincial key university, Anhui Medical University was jointly built by the Ministry of Education, the National Health Commission and the Anhui provincial government.
The university originated from the Private Southeast Medical University which was established in Shanghai in 1929. It was moved to Huaiyuan in Anhui's Bengbu in 1949, and then to Hefei in 1952 and was renamed Anhui Medical College. The university got its current name in 1985.
Occupying nearly 140 hectares, the university has five campuses: three in Hefei, two in Chaohu and Fuyang. It has 16 directly affiliated teaching institutions, and six affiliated hospitals. Its library has a collection of more than 1.3 million books.
The university has 12,883 full-time undergraduates, 4,130 postgraduates and 434 international students, as well as 11,532 faculty members, including 395 with senior professional titles.
By May 2019, the university had 33 majors for undergraduates, four first-tier disciplines authorized to confer doctoral degrees, 13 first-tier disciplines to confer master's degrees, and three postdoctoral stations. Its departments of clinical medicine, pharmacology and toxicology, molecular biology and genetics, and biology and biochemistry had entered the top 1 percent of Essential Science Indicators' global rankings.
Over the years, the university has developed international exchanges and communication with universities and research institutions from over 16 countries and regions, and has hosted a wide range of academic exchanges and cooperation.
Addresses: Meishanlu Campus: Meishan Rd, Shusha district, Hefei, Anhui province
South Campus: intersection of Shisun Rd and Feicui Rd, Hefei, Anhui province
East Campus: Yuhuangshan Rd, Yaohai district, Hefei, Anhui province
Post code: 230032
Copyright©2021 China Daily. All rights reserved.