1. Review of work in 2017
Ningbo achieved steady and healthy economic and social development in the past year. According to preliminary calculations, our local GDP reached 984.69 billion yuan ($155.95 billion), a year-on-year increase of 7.8 percent; the general public budget revenue reached 124.53 billion yuan, up 10.9 percent year-on-year; the total value of imports and exports rose 21.3 percent to 760.06 billion yuan; and the per capita disposable incomes of urban and rural residents reached 55,656 yuan and 30,871 yuan, respectively, up 7.9 percent and 8 percent.
We have made bold moves in some key areas. The comprehensive pilot zone for the development of the Belt and Road Initiative in Ningbo was approved by the provincial government. The demonstration zone for "16+1" economic and trade cooperation was included in the Budapest Outline for China-CEEC Cooperation. Ningbo-Zhoushan Port became the world's first to have a cargo throughput of over 1 billion metric tons in a single year.
2. Main targets and tasks for 2018
Based on development trends and the direction of our work, we have set the following projected targets for development in 2018:
• GDP growth of around 7.5 percent
• Basic parity in fiscal revenue growth, personal income growth and economic growth
• Over 150,000 new urban jobs
To achieve the above targets, we have set the following goals for ourselves:
(1) Strengthen the foundation of social development and increase the competitiveness of real economy;
(2) Promote innovative development and speed up the replacement of old growth drivers;
(3) Deepen reform across the board and foster a first-rate institutional environment;
(4) Integrate the city's development into the Belt and Road Initiative, and create a new landscape for comprehensive opening-up;
(5) Promote the construction of a "big bay area, big garden, big corridor and big metropolitan area", and speed up the development of a modern metropolis;
(6) Make great strides within the rural vitalization strategy and create a new era of beautiful villages;
(7) Promote rich and thriving cultures and improve the city's soft power
(8) Take steps to address environmental problems and improve ecological conservation;
(9) Raise living standards and improve people's life satisfaction.
3. Build a service-oriented government that satisfies the people's needs
A new era, new mindset, new mission and new journey have raised standards for government duties and the government itself. We will do our best to perform our duties and constantly improve the government's services and abilities. We promise to:
(1) Adhere to the correct political orientation.
(2) Govern in accordance with the law
(3) Do quality work and fulfill our obligations
(4) Exercise strict self-governance
This English version is only for reference. To learn more, please refer to the authoritative Chinese version.
Copyright©2020 China Daily. All rights reserved.