Issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
1. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background attached (Photo Requirements for Chinese Visa Application)
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid visa or certificate of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport's data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
2. Supporting Documents
An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. The invitation should contain:
(1) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
(2) Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
(3) Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)
3.Application Procedure, Processing Time and Fees
Please visit Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General's websites for more details based on your State of residence.
(1) Each item of the application form must be filled truthfully, clearly and completely. Any false information, missed items or illegible handwriting may lead to delay of the application processing or even refusal of the visa application.
(2) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers make decisions on the validity period, number of entries, and the duration of each stay of a visa.
(3) According to Chinese laws and regulations, visa officers may interview certain applicants and collect their 10 fingerprints.
(4) Authoritative interpretation remains with the Embassy should there be any change to the information above.
The F Visa holder shall submit certification letter issued by the inviting and receiving entities. The entity not being recorded shall also be required to submit certification for registration. The duration of stay can be extended for 180 days at most.
To apply for a change of the F Visa, the applicant shall be required to submit the certification letter issued by the inviting entity. A visa of zero, single, two or multiple entries valid for 1 year at most and the duration of stay for 180 days at most may be changed. For high-level talents needed by the Chinese government, a visa of multiple entries valid for 5 years at most and the duration of stay for 180 days at most may be changed.
Copyright©2021 China Daily. All rights reserved.