I. Financial policies
1. Encourage Hengqin to conduct innovation in financial business, market access for financial institutions, financial markets, financial products and etc., to expand financing channels, and to explore ways of capital account convertibility.
2. Allow the financial institutions within the area to conduct off-shore business of foreign currency; establish or introduce trust institutions, and issue the industrial investment fund of multiple currencies and conduct land trust fund pilots of multiple currencies.
3. Encourage to launch and promote the financing through the pledge of intellectual property rights, earning rights, charging rights and accounts receivable, and vigorously develop financial leasing industry, private equity fund industry and internet finance.
4. Encourage the aggregation of various trading platform, financial institutions in Hengqin; energetically promote non-cash payment instruments especially electronic payment instruments.
5. Support to conduct pilots works on individual domestic currency and foreign exchange franchise business, and explore to carry out pilot work on two-way exchange of a certain amount of CNY, Macao Pataca and Hong Kong Dollar under personal accounts.
6. Encourage to strengthen the cooperation with financial institutions in Hong Kong and Macao region, and focus on constructing bases of financial back-office services; explore freer financial communications with Hong Kong and Macao.
7. From the date of completing industrial and commercial registration, the equity investment and fund management enterprises that are newly established in Hengqin shall be respectively given subsidies by 100% and 60% of the retained portion of the corporate income tax paid for Hengqin New Area for the first two years and for the subsequent three years respectively.
II. Talent policies
According to the Talent Development Catalogue of Hengqin New Area of Zhuhai Special Economic Zone from 2013 to 2015 and the Incentives for Special Talents of Hengqin New Area of Zhuhai Special Economic Zone, the identified talents shall be given corresponding incentives.
1. A-level incentive standard: The special talents who has paid tax of over 100,000 yuan (including) in Hengqin for the previous year shall be give awards on the basis of 200 percent of the city's retain portion of tax;
2. B-level incentive standard: The special talents who has paid tax of over 15,000 yuan (including) in Hengqin for the previous year shall be give awards on the basis of 160 percent of the city's retain portion of tax;
3. C-level incentive standard: The special talents who has paid tax of over 5,000 yuan (including) in Hengqin for the previous year shall be give awards on the basis of 100 percent of the city's retain portion of tax;
III. Preference catalogue
1. The encouraged enterprises founded in Hengqin New Area of Guangdong Province, Pingtan Comprehensive Experimental Area of Fujian Province and Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen City shall be subject to a reduced enterprise income tax rate of 15 percent. The aforementioned encouraged enterprises refer to the enterprises mainly engaging in the industrial projects specified in the local Preferential Enterprise Income Tax Catalogue and the income derived therefrom contributes 70% or more of the total income for such enterprises.
2. For the enterprise with its institutions located not only within but also outside the area subject to favorable policies, the reduced enterprise income tax rate of 15 percent is determined based on the income of the institution located within the area subject to favorable policies. Whether the institution located within the area subject to favorable policies enjoys the favorable policies shall depend on the compliance of the relevant indicators of the same with the conditions set out in Article 1 hereof, without regard to the factors of the institution located outside such area.
3. When an enterprise meets the favorable conditions provided herein for a reduced enterprise income tax rate of 15 percent and is eligible for enjoying other tax preferences provided for in the Law on Income Tax and its implementing regulations and the provisions of the State Council, it may enjoy all of them in the meantime; while it meets other conditions for favorable tax rate, the most favorable tax rate may be selected; where the regular tax relief is involved to cut the tax by half, the enterprise income tax shall be levied based on half of the tax amount payable calculated according to a statutory tax rate of 25 percent.
( To learn more, please visit Invest Zhuhai )
Copyright©2020 China Daily. All rights reserved.