Since the Zhejiang provincial government released a document which stipulates more benefits for people and companies from Taiwan on July 8, government departments in the province have made detailed rules for Taiwan-related affairs to ensure Taiwan compatriots enjoy the same treatment as Zhejiang residents in education, employment, business and welfare.
There is a system of developing technology centers for companies in Zhejiang for the purpose of enhancing the province's innovation capability. Those playing leading roles in their industries are encouraged to apply for the title of Zhejiang Technology Center.
Zhejiang Province Economic and Information Commission unveiled the materials, qualifications, application procedures and contact information for Taiwan companies in Zhejiang that have the intention of becoming provincial technology centers.
1. A document from the economic and information administration of the city or county where the company is located
2. An application report for the title of Zhejiang Technology Center
3. A document of the research and development activities and achievements of applicants
4. The evaluation document of the technology center's operation
5. The tax document from the tax bureau and the customs
For manufacturing companies:
1. Having been approved as a city's technology center for more than one year
2. Having an annual sales revenue of no less than 200 million yuan ($28.81 million) (If the company is in a high-tech industry or is located in a less-developed region, the number is no less than 100 million yuan.)
3. The original value of the company's instruments and equipment for research and development should be more than 10 million yuan.
4. Having a group of over 50 researchers and testers
For architectural companies:
1. Having been approved as a city's technology center and having operated for more than one year
2. If it is a construction or a real estate company, the annual project income should be no less than 1.5 billion yuan. If it is a survey and design company, the annual project income should be more than 100 million yuan.
3. The original value of the company's instruments and equipment for research and development should be more than 6 million yuan.
4. Technicians and engineers with the national first-class registered qualification should number more than 50.
For high-tech service companies:
1. Having been founded for more than three years and having been approved as a city's technology center for over one year
2. If the company is in a cultural creative industry or business service sector, the main business income in a fiscal year should be at least 8 million yuan. If it provides services relating to information and software, e-commerce, research and development, or design, the income should be more than 50 million yuan.
3. The company's service income should be more than 50 percent of its main business income in the last fiscal year.
1. Applicants submit the application.
2. Local economic and information bureaus check the materials and qualification.
3. Provincial department checks if the materials are complete and in compliance with requirements.
4. Provincial department conducts the first review of the materials and qualifications.
5. Experts examine the applicants' materials and qualifications.
6. All relevant government departments examine the applicants' materials and qualifications.
7. Publicity of the preliminary results
8. Official announcement of the final results
Tel: 86-571-87058261 (Zhejiang Province Economic and Information Commission)
86-571-87052842 (Zhejiang Housing and Urban-Rural Development Bureau)
86-571-88229695 (Zhejiang Technology Innovation Service Center)
Online platform: http://www.zjzwfw.gov.cn/art/2014/11/6/art_49351_13935.html
Address: 479 Tiyuchang Rd, Xihu district, Hangzhou
Hours: 8:30 am-12 pm, 2:30 pm-6 pm (summer workdays)
8:30 am-12 pm, 2 pm-5:30 pm (winter workdays)
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.