According to Article 5 and Article 25 of the China Patent Law, the following items are unpatentable in China:
(1) any invention-creation that is contrary to the laws of the state or social morality or that is detrimental to public interest
(2) scientific discoveries;
(3) rules and methods for mental activities;
(4) methods for the diagnosis or for the treatment of diseases;
(5) animal and plant varieties;
(6) substances obtained by means of nuclear transformation.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.