China's National Intellectual Property Administration (vice ministry level, short for CNIPA) is directly affiliated to the State Council with main responsibilities including:
(1) Organizing and coordinating IPR protection work nationwide and improving the construction of IPR protection system; establishing the collaboration mechanism of IP law enforcement with related departments to launch relative administrative law-enforcement work; launching the work of publicizing IP-related information; and implementing the Compendium on China National IP Strategy with related departments.
(2) Standardizing the basic orders of patent administration; planning and formulating drafts of IP and patent laws and regulations; planning and implementing the policies and systems on patent administration; drafting the policies and measures to standardize patent technology exchanges; guiding local authorities to handle and mediate disputes of patent infringement and crack down on activities such as patent counterfeits and imitations; and guiding and standardizing the assessment work of IP intangible assets with related departments.
(3) Drawing up the policies of foreign-related IP work; researching IP development trends in foreign countries; comprehensively planning foreign-related IP affairs; launching foreign-related negotiation in IP sector according to different categories; and conducting international communications, cooperation and exchanges in patent work.
(4) Working out the development programs for the patent work nationwide, drafting patent working plans, examining and approving special working plans, taking up the responsibility of the construction of the national public service system of patent information, promoting the spread and utilization of patent information with related departments and undertaking the work of patent statistics.
(5) Laying down the criteria of affirming the exclusive rights of patents and integrated circuit layout designs and appointing organizations to manage the work of right affirmation; formulating the criteria of infringing the exclusive rights of patents and integrated circuit layout designs; and developing the policies and measures for the development and supervision of patent agents and intermediary services.
(6) Publicizing and popularizing patent laws, regulations and policies and drafting plans of IP-related education and training according to regulations.
(7) Undertaking other work assigned by the State Council.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.