What is residence permit for foreigners? What should I pay attention to in this regard?

Updated: Mar 29, 2018 campuschina.org Print

Residence Permit for Foreigner in the People's Republic of China is issued to foreigners residing in the People's Republic of China for more than one year. International students with X1 visa must change it to residence permit within 30 days upon the date of entry. The permit shall be applied for to the Exit-Entry Administration of the Public Security Bureau of his/her place of residence. For details, please refer to Regulations of the People's Republic of China on Administration of Entry and Exit of Foreigners and the relevant provisions promulgated by the local Exit-and-Entry Administration. 

You may need to pay attention to:  

When applying for residence permit, you need to submit Certificate on Verification of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners issued by the local inspection and quarantine department. Therefore, please complete the medical examination as soon as possible after entering the country and bring the necessary materials to the local Exit-Entry Administration Bureau.  

The police station needs to check your original passport when handling your application for residence permit. At the same time, some other procedures may also require your original passport, such as applying for bank cards and mobile phone/Internet access. Therefore, please make relevant arrangement in advance. 

Editors' Picks


*Your E-mail Address

Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.