1) Ask the admission office staffs to refer local real estate firms near the campus. Or, you can contact with major real estate firms that have offices in major cities in China.
2) Find out all other expenses besides the monthly rent (security deposit, agency fee, electricity, internet and others).
3) Ask for a regular contract.
4) Learn more about the neighborhood and district of the apartment.
5) Unless you have good to excellent Chinese proficiency, ask your local friend to review the rental contract for you.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.