The rights enjoyed by international students include the rights to:
(1) participate in the activities arranged in education plan of the university and use the education resources provided by the university;
(2) participate in community service, take part-time job, organize and join in student societies on campus and engage in sports and entertainment;
(3) apply for scholarships, grants and student loans;
(4) get a fair evaluation in terms of moral character, academic achievement and other aspects, and obtain corresponding diplomas and degree certificates after completing the course stipulated by the university;
(5) have objections to the sanction or punishment imposed by the university, make complaint to the university and education administrative departments; make complaint or bring a lawsuit if their legitimate rights and interests are infringed by the university or faculty;
(6) other rights stipulated by laws and regulations.
Obligations of international students
International students should fulfill the following obligations: (1) to comply with the Constitution, laws, and regulations; (2) to comply with university rules; (3) to study hard and complete the required courses; (4) to pay tuition fee and relevant expenses, and fulfill the corresponding obligations concerning obtaining student loans and grants; (5) to comply with student code of conduct, respect teachers, and develop good moral character and habits; and (6) other obligations stipulated by laws and regulations.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.