China Tourist Visa |

China Tourist Visa

Updated: Dec 20, 2017 Print

China Tourist Visa

China issues two kinds of tourist visas to foreign travelers - a family visit visa and a tourist visa.

A tourist visa refers to a visa which is issued to travelers from certain countries. A tourist visa is usually valid for 30 days – or a maximum of 90 days - and cannot be extended. Tourist visa holders are not allowed to work in China.

A group tourist visa is another kind of tourist visa. It is evidenced on the Group Tourist Form instead of on the individual passport. The holder must enter or leave the country as part of agroup.

In November 2000, the Chinese government announced that visitors do not need to apply for a visa if they

-are citizens of countries that have diplomatic relations with China

-hold ordinary passports

-are sightseeing in Hong Kong and/or Macao when they join in group tours sightseeing in the Zhujiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area for a stay of less than 6 days organized by travel services registered in Hong Kong or Macao.

The Zhujiang River (Pearl River) Delta Area includes the following cities: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, and Shantou.

Tourist Group Visa

The Tourist Group Visa is issued to a tourist group - which comprises at least five members - aiming to travel to China.

Application – Issuing authorities

A.Chinese embassies or consulates

B.Port cities of China

Authorized port cities include: Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Dalian, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an, Guilin, Hangzhou, Kunming, Guangzhou (Baiyun), Shenzhen(Luohu, Shekou), Zhuhai (Gongbei), Haikou, Sanya, Ji’nan, Qingdao, Yantai, Weihai, Chengdu, Nanjing.

Documents required

1. Invitation letter - original or faxed copy

2. Group's itinerary and schedule (including number of the group)

3. Passports

4. Names of the members of the group

Visit Group Visa

The Visit Group Visa is issued to an unofficial group - of at least nine members - who are visiting China for such purposes as performances, competitions and art exhibitions.

Documents required for application

1. Invitation letter – original or faxed copy offered by authorized Chinese unit (including number of the authorized unit)

2. Group's itinerary

3. Passports

4. Names of the members of the group

Note: Nationals of a third country cannot apply for a group visa.

1 2 >

Editors' Picks


*Your E-mail Address

Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.