According to Chinese law, where a foreigner who doesn't enjoy the diplomatic privileges and immunities causes more than one person seriously injured in a traffic accident, he shall be held fully or primarily liable for the traffic accident, and be convicted of and punished for a crime of causing traffic casualties under the following circumstances:
(1) driving a motor vehicle after drinking alcohol or taking drug;
(2) driving a motor vehicle without a driving license;
(3) driving a motor vehicle that he knows has safety device deficiency or malfunction;
(4) driving a motor vehicle that he knows has no license or plate or has been written off;
(5) driving a seriously overloaded motor vehicle; and
(6) fleeing from the accident scene to avoid legal liability.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.