According to Article 41 of the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China:
Foreigners who work in China shall obtain work permits and work-type residence permits in accordance with relevant regulations. No entities or individuals shall employ foreigners who have no work permits or work-type residence permits. They shall:
Apply online from outside China for a Foreigner's Work Permit Notice;
Apply for a Z or R visa at a Chinese embassy or consulate;
Apply for the Foreigner’s Work Permit at a foreigner work management department;
Apply for work-type residence permits at a public security department.
The basic requirements to work in China
1. Be legally established, without record of severe illegal behavior or lack of credit;
2. Employ foreigners for specialized posts that comply with national regulations, when no suitable Chinese candidates are available;
3. Pay foreigners at no less than local minimum wage standard;
4. Obtain approval if pre-approval needed by industrial management departments according to laws and regulations.
1. Be aged over 18, in good health, have no criminal record, have a definite employer in China, and have the necessary professional skills and knowledge;
2. Must apply for positions that are much needed in China and faciliate China's economic development;
3. Comply with laws or regulations about foreigners' work in China.
Copyright©2019 China Daily. All rights reserved.